Sunday, July 01, 2012

Agatha Christie's ghost

I've many paintings, drawings and photos I've taken of Agatha Christie's Devon home 'Greenways' but this one has given me a bit of a shock and thought I'd share it here.

I was in the grounds very early in the morning and looking for good views to sit and paint and, as I often do, a grab some photos to use as reference when I get back to my studio and to help me think about the framing/proportions of the painting.  I know for sure that when I was taking the picture, there was no figure in the window. I had been particularly attentive to the fact that I could see straight through the two windows and I was excited by the idea of the 'frame within a frame' concept.

I took the picture and instantly saw there was a figure standing looking at me. My camera-phone was still held up in front of me so I could see the view right next to the image. There was definitely no one in the room. I even quickly walked up to the window and peered in to see if there was anyone in the room; there wasn't.

Frankly, I don't believe in ghosts, and I'm assuming that maybe one of the staff had very briefly walked in and out of shot and left the room.  However, it's still a great mystery photo for the queen of mystery!






No comments: